It feels so foreign to be typing this post! I can’t lie, I’ve missed you guys!
Today’s post is just a quick smoothie I whipped up today. Also, try to spot something that doesn’t belong in the picture 😛
Banana Mango Smoothie
- 100 g Banana or a Medium Banana
- 90 g frozen mango chunks (thawed) or about a Handful of Mango Chunks
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Sweetener (optional)
- Cut up your banana into medium slices and toss into your blender.
- Pour in your almond milk and blend for 1-2 seconds, enough to break up the banana.
- Add thawed mango. I use thawed mango here because my blender will not break up frozen chunks, it just makes a lot of loud noises! Blend until the mango is incorporated.
- Add crushed ice and if your using a sweetener throw it in here and then blend until smooth.
I was going to add some Vanilla Protein Powder to mine to jazz it up but I checked the pantry and I am completely out. This isn’t a surprise since I haven’t had protein powder since last September!
My smoothie was 170 calories, 2 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber. It’s a tasty base so you can definitely add some more nutritious add ins.
Since it’s so light, this is a great drink for a Summer Lunch or even Dinner! The banana and mango go great together and it’s so pretty to eat!
I’ll be posting a lot more often guys, this past week was pretty loco!